Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The T-Shirt: Cheap vs Cheap

Here is another Walmart Tip!!


As you may know or not know I have started sewing. I have learned that the 1st attempt to a new project is full of learning and many mistakes. Even though my "take 2" might not be perfect but it is a TON better! I was sad to mess up on the "good" material for the 1st round. Yes, people tell me to practice on scrap fabric but it is just not the same. To practice on the "real" deal or very similar you are able to work out all the kinks!

At the Wally Mart yesterday I was excited to find a bag of 5 Fruit of the Loom boy t-shirts for about $7. Much to my dismay when I got home I open up the pack and you can see through them, you can see your hand through the fabric and even see their iron on label through the back of the shirt!!! SO I knew I could not sell or give aways my crafty shirts on this material. Solution: They are now my "1st try" shirts!


I LOVE the brand Garaniamls at Wal-Mart. They are made from great, thick, and sturdy cotton. James have been wearing them forever! The short seelves run about $3 and the long sleeve are about $3.50. They come in great, rich colors! I buy J a white one almost every time I got to Wallymart!


Look at the difference!!

Fruit of the Loom


Garaniamals



No comments: